Chicken Fajitas

Today presented a bit of a challenge for me since giving up gluten. I've been wanting chicken fajitas for dinner and have not made it because the wraps are off-limits for me (until I find one on the market that has a decent taste - or learn to make them!) But today, I was pressed for time since my son has baseball practice early and needed to eat, early, so I made fajitas anyway. The filling is totally gluten-free, so I put mine in a bowl with shredded lettuce and it was really good. I'm glad I didn't wait just because of the wrap. And my kids just loved it.


Chicken Fajitas
Olive oil
4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 green pepper, thinly sliced and seeded
1 red pepper, thinly sliced and seeded
2 fresh jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced and seeded
4 cloves of minced garlic
1 tomato, peeled and diced
3 limes
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
Salt
Pepper
  1. In a frying pan, warm oil. When hot, add chicken; stir and toss until cooked through (about 5 minutes). Transfer to dish and set aside.
  2. Add a little more oil, if needed, and add onions. Stir and toss for about 2 minutes. 
  3. Add red, green, and jalapeno peppers; stir and toss until cooked through (about 5 minutes).
  4. Add garlic and tomato; stir and toss for another minute.
  5. Cut limes in half and juice into pan. 
  6. Add cumin and cilantro.
  7. Return chicken to pan and heat through.
  8. If needed (taste first), add salt and/or pepper.

Voila! Add whatever toppings and good to go. I ate mine without a wrap and loved it. The kids had the wrap. Chris will eat his later since he's not home from work, yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Losing Face

Finding Face

Gracie's First Holy Communion