Feelin' Fantastic


I'm so excited!!! I just had to put this video in here because nothing says how I feel better than this, and this arrangement is awesome. Doesn't it make you want to dance?

What am I so excited about, you ask? Dr. Dreamboat told me that I needed patience. He told me that it would be about eight weeks before I felt normal again. Not only do I feel normal, but I feel FANTASTIC, better than I have in about 15 years. Can I get an Alleluia!!? I think back to all the days of "not feeling right" and feeling sick by the end of every single day and the energy that drained from me after exercise that seemed to energize others - I can't believe I felt that way for so long. This is a lesson to anyone who is sick or just "not feeling right" - seek help and do not stop until you get the right help. You are not crazy! I had doctors tell me (for years) that there was nothing wrong with me, and I felt crazy, but constantly pushed myself through the day.

Energy abounds now and the nausea is ALL gone. I don't have shooting pains in my side, and I can eat just about anything. Taking a daily multi-vitamin used to make me sick, but not any more. I take one every day and it must be doing something. I've even dropped a few pounds, and I'm not making a real effort in that department. Several people have commented that I look different, that something has changed in me. It's called relief - and apparently it can be seen all over my face. I've got a new lease on life and I'm very grateful for the health I have, and even more grateful to everyone who helped me along the way. A huge celebration is heading my way, and I plan on inviting every person who helped me. It'll be my Thank You party. I'll wait until the springtime so I can do a lot of planning, but also because spring signifies a new beginning every year and it suits the situation well.
Since school started back up, I've been doing the typical "mom sprint" to the weekend. Friday is truly my favorite day of the week because the promise of the weekend lies in front of me. We run a lot on the weekend, too, but having Chris to help is really nice. Last weekend, we had our first CYO cross country meet with Ben and his second meet this past Sunday. In just one week he improved his time by 28 seconds and moved up 9 places to #40 out of 140. The trail is a beast - very hilly and at times a little rocky. Here is a picture of Ben coming up the last hill, and looking strong. It was really nice moving around the course to cheer for him from different spots, and to do so without any pain. We'll be going into Philly every Sunday for a while to watch him race, and I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to see what is around the corner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Losing Face

Finding Face

Gracie's First Holy Communion