Yummy Potato Salad

It's that time of year again - potato salad at every turn! So I don't have to worry about what's in those large bowls of creamy potatoes, I offer to bring it when I can. Here is a TO DIE FOR recipe, although it's not measured like it should be - you've got to be willing to taste as you go. I find that some potatoes need more salt than others, it really depends on how fresh they are. Originally, this one came from my father-in-law's second wife, Helen, which was transcribed for me by my sister-in-law Kim. No clue how many calories are in a serving but I think we probably do not want to even know. This is best if you let it sit in the refrigerator for several hours until chilled before serving.

Potato Salad
5 lbs Red Potatoes
1 1/2 lbs Bacon
1 large Onion
3 - 4 Celery
Stalks
1 or 2 Lemons
GF Mayonnaise
Sea Salt
Pepper
Dill Weed
  1. Boil potatoes with the skins on. Cool, peel, cube. 
  2. Chop the bacon and onion into small pieces and pan fry.
  3. Add drained bacon and onion to the cubed potatoes with some of the pan drippings as well.
  4. Chop celery in a food processor (I make sure this is in tiny bits - big pieces of celery is a turn off for me in potato salad.) Add celery to potatoes.
  5. In small bowl, mix mayo (I start with 1 cup and usually add more), juice from lemon (start with one and add another if needed), salt, pepper, and dill weed.
  6. Add mayo mix to potatoes and gently stir to coat. You can add a little white vinegar and mayo if you want it creamier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Losing Face

Finding Face

Gracie's First Holy Communion