Heartland Pasta Review

I am Italian in many ways; not just because my father is full of Italian descent, but because I really love Italian food. Granted, it's Italian American that I indulge in, but it's still Italian. Lasagne has been a signature dish of mine, but I've also mastered chicken marsala, pasta with vodka marinara sauce, homemade spaghetti and ravioli, sausage-tortellini soup, meatballs, and pizza, the grand-daddy favorite.  I love pizza so much I'm thinking of building a pizza oven in my back yard. I'm not sure my husband will like this idea since he'll be doing most of the work, but he tends to just go with it whenever food is involved.

I've attempted several different kinds of GF pastas and I am so excited to have found one on the market that is actually really good. I've only attempted Fusilli, but Heartland sells this wheat-free beauty that tastes really good. Now that I've said this twice, you can see I really mean it.

The sauce I use is a marinara sauce that I've adopted from my dad and it's just fantastic. I like making the sauce in bulk so I can freeze some and get several meals out of it. Enjoy!
Marinara Sauce
1 large can crushed tomatoes
2 large cans water
36 oz tomato paste
1/2 cup white wine
1 large onion, sliced
3 T olive oil
2 celery stalks
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
2 bay leaves
  1. In large pot, saute sliced onion in olive oil until tender.
  2. Add all ingredients to pot and simmer for 3 hours, stirring regularly.
  3. Remove celery and bay leaves before serving.
  4. I love this with a pork roast in it (I put it in raw and it cooks with the sauce, but releases great flavor into the sauce). Pierce the roast as it cooks so the flavors release. You can also add meatballs or sausage. I cook meatballs first, but not the sausage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Losing Face

Finding Face

Gracie's First Holy Communion