Vitamin D, First Whopping Dose

The first whopping dose is down the hatch, as they say. 50,000 IU's. When Doc first told me I'd be taking that much in addition to the 1,000 IU's over the counter, I thought I had to take 50 pills. That would take me an hour to orchestrate. Instead, it's one little tiny pill.

I really hoped that I'd hear a choir singing when I woke up this morning, but no dice. No change, in fact. I'm not feeling any differently with my energy today than I did pre-abundance of VD (Vitamin D, people). I am going to wait patiently for the medicine to kick in, but not too patiently. I figured I'd give it two full doses before...not sure what, I'll figure that out in two weeks.

Doesn't this cow look pretty harmless?
When I was little, the first new life I witnessed being brought into the world was a mama cow giving birth to her calf. It was a magical and eye-opening day for me because I didn't understand prior to then how a baby ever came out of anyone (animal or human). I watched the entire birthing process, and was amazed that the little calf stood up almost immediately and started sucking on his poor mama right away. I had a hard time drinking milk for a short while after that. I thought that for every glass of milk I drank, some poor little baby calf was being deprived of his mama's milk; but I got over that pretty quickly. Because I LOVE dairy.

Sadly, I believe there might be something to this dairy intolerance my doctor suggested. My nausea is at bay and that's pretty darn exciting. If I had any energy, I'd be jumping for joy over that change in events. In one week, I will add dairy back for a day to see how I feel. If I'm sick again, then dairy is the culprit. I'm calling that day my last supper, AKA "cheese day". I plan on eating dairy with every meal. I've already got it planned and it's not a very healthy day - veggie and cheese omelet in the morning; for lunch, cheese sandwich (grilled with pickles, perhaps?); and then ice cream for dinner. I'll probably throw in a salad and some fruit for a snack. I'm sure I won't be feeling well by the end of the day given how much better I feel without dairy in my daily diet, but for that one final day, I will be saying goodbye to all of my favorite dairy items. I plan on going out in style!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Losing Face

Finding Face

Gracie's First Holy Communion